My wife makes this recipe, and it’s always better when she makes it. I ask her the temperature and cook time every. single. time. I attempt to make it, so I’m recording it here for posterity.
Serves: 4-8, depending on filet size and portion size. We are big eaters and so we generally cut each filet into 8 oz portions.
- 2 to 3 lb skinless filet of salmon (get at Costco)
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Grab a large second piece of foil (large enough to wrap the salmon), and lay the salmon filet on the center of it.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice of half of it over the salmon.
- Season the salmon generously with salt and pepper.
- Wrap up the salmon tightly in the foil, like a packet.
- Cook in the oven for about 20-30 minutes. Start checking it after 20 minutes. It’s done when the thickest part is cooked through and flakes nicely when you poke it with a fork.
- Cut the second half of the lemon into wedges and serve with the fish.
Points breakdown: Zero points!